The UK Cast Stone Association (UKCSA) is proud to announce the launch of its new Sustainability Charter.
UKCSA Members acknowledge the need to take actions to make their products and operations more sustainable, and all UKCSA Members are committed to working towards the adoption of the following principles:
- Develop products that improve the quality and sustainability of the built environment.
- Measure, report and improve performance on sustainability issues.
- Manage all waste streams effectively and minimize waste disposal to landfill.
- Minimize pollution and emissions associated with manufacture and transportation.
- Use energy more efficiently and minimize demands on mains water supplies.
- Operate in a responsible manner to protect employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Operate in an efficient and financially sustainable manner without compromising legal, quality or sustainability principles.
- Operate to the highest ethical standards necessary to develop a competent and skilled workforce.
- Operate to the highest quality standards necessary to satisfy customers and consumers.
- Protect and enhance the natural environment adjacent to or affected by our operations.
- Liaise effectively with local communities to foster mutual understanding and respect.
- Recognise that competition encourages the development of more sustainable products and practices.
- Work constructively with other organisations to deliver sustainable policies and practices.