Chapels of Rest, Winterton, North Lincolnshire (2010)
Restoration of Victorian Chapels
UKCSA member Woodside Cast Stone supplied cast stone features for the repair of Victorian Chapels of Rest after they had fallen into disrepair following storm damage in 2004 (see before image middle left).
The £24k project was commissioned by the town council to bring the chapels (built in 1876 at a cost of £2k) back to their former glory.
Cast stone features were recreated from original photographs (some taken in the 1920ís) and samples of stone that had survived around the cemetery.
The original cross from the arch was discovered in the grounds and cleaned before restoring it to its original position above the central archway.